Sunday, January 6, 2008

AMS Meeting Part 1

I am completely exhausted right now, having put in a huge amount of time with little sleep during the last few days writing 3d graphics code for Sage (with Robert Bradshaw), making the Sage-2.9.2 release (with Michael Abshoff), printing fliers, tutorials, and preparing DVDs (with my brother) for the massive joint AMS meeting where there will be a Sage exhibit booth.

Our booth with have a huge banner that says "Creating a viable free open source alternative to Magma, Maple, Mathematica, and Matlab."
An Austrian named Harald Schilly did most of the work creating this poster.

I have no clue what to expect during the next few days. I've never run an exhibit booth before; I'm a mathematician not a "vendor", and my product is free. This should be very interesting. I've been to numerous AMS meetings before, and every booth I remember is commercial... TI, book publishers, math games, Maple, Mathematica, etc.